Do you need to improve your public speaking skills? Would you like to gain leadership experience? Apply to take part in a free series of Toastmaster Public Speaking workshops! Space is limited, so apply quickly.
Toastmasters is a well-known, non-profit educational organization focused on enhancing public speaking and leadership skills. Their mission is to empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. With more than 345,000 members in 142 countries, their clubs and workshops teach and refine the speaking and leadership abilities of their members.
- Only 20 students may participate in the program for the fall semester. You must attend the information session to participate.
- Toastmasters will offer 12 weekly sessions on Fridays from 10 to 11:30 am in SAS 101, starting September 9.
- During the sessions, students will be encouraged to work on class presentations/assignments to receive coaching from the presenters
- Toastmasters will provide workbooks at no cost; student services will provide coffee/refreshments for each session
- The program will conclude with a completion ceremony on 12/9/16, that includes:
- Speech contests
- A certificate of completion
Moreno Valley College will host an Information Session on Friday, September 2 at 10am (Student Services Bldg. Room 101) to discuss the program to interested students.
For more information, view the Information Session flyer.