“A recent study found that employers extended job offers to 70% of their interns.” — NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers)
What is an internship? An internship is an on-the-job learning experience in which you may be provided opportunities to learn the ropes of a career-field while working full- or part-time. Interns traditionally perform entry-level tasks while taking part in skills development activities as part of the internship experience. Some internships are paid while others are on a volunteer basis.
- STEM Internships
- Career Café. A recent study conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers found that employers extend job offers to 70% of their interns.
- Internship Finder. On this site, you will find virtually all of the information you might need to get started, as well as tips, tricks and advice to make sure that you make the most out of your internship placement.
- One Day One Job. Search thousands of companies and tens of thousands of entry level and intern positions
- Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU). Since 1992, HACU has offered one of the best internship programs in the country. The HACU National Internship Program works with federal government agencies and corporate partners to place undergraduate and graduate students in PAID internships.
- NASA. Internships/fellowships may be at a NASA Center or may be at a NASA industry or academic partner.
- Google. No, we don’t mean Google internships we mean an internship WITH the Google company.
- Intern Queen. This comprehensive guide from “Intern Queen” Lauren Berger shows students how to land impressive internships and get the most out of them and dash from work experience to networking to resume building.
- Internships.com. Discover internships. 73,171 internship positions from 34,302 companies located in 8,959 cities across all 50 states.
- STEM Student Internship Opportunity with the City of Moreno Valley, Public Works Department
- Disney Careers/College Program
- Clinical Care Extender Internship. The Clinical Care Extender/PrepStep-Health Care Scholar program gives pre-health professionals unprecedented access to direct patient care. Program participants become valuable members of the patient-care team alongside nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in clinical and administrative settings.
- STEM Conferences
- 13th Annual UC Davis Pre-Medical and Pre-Health Professions National Conference. Provides community-college, university, post-bac, and high school students, parents, and counselors with the information and skills necessary to succeed in the medical and health-professions school admission process. It provides a unique opportunity for direct contact with medical school deans of admission, admission officers, financial aid officers, faculty, and staff. The 2015 Conference will be held at the University of California, Davis on October 10-11, 2015.
- Second Annual Pre-Health & Pre-Medical Conference at University of California, Riverside. Want an opportunity to speak with representatives from professional schools like UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, CBU School of Nursing, Western University, and more? Did you ever want to get involved in volunteering programs such as Clinical Care Volunteer at Riverside Community Hospital or Kaiser Permanente? We’ve got a recruitment fair that will help you get to know these schools much better as well as give you an opportunity to engage in some networking. We will also be providing workshops that include mock MMI’s, tips on how to write a competitive personal statement, panels that consist of many different health professions, how to do an intubation and IV, and so much more!